Thursday, November 3, 2011

Here a turkey, there a turkey!

I told you yesterday that the turkeys made their way out of the tote! What is bothering me is I swear I/we picked up a turkey or two at yard sales this summer, but I only found one. Could I have possibly picked them up and set them back down? It would seem so or I will find them in another month. (wait until you see all the yard sale/estate sale treasures that are waiting to be loved again) Alright, before I am tempted to go get those items out and take pictures and become COMPLETELY distracted...back to Thanksgiving!




What do you think about the turkey? He is one of those plastic cake toppers. You know, the ones that get pressed into the icing (hmmm....yum). Picked him up at a yard sale for a dime. I wasn't sure what I would do with him then but when I took him out of the China cabinet this is where he ended up. What? Where do you put your out of season yard sale/estate sale/flea market finds? :)

I needed the crock that was in the center so that meant something to had to fill in that hole. That move created another hole. Am I the only one that moves half the house around? I'm pretty sure I'm not. I've read some of your posts. :)


Not only do I move half the house around, I have a tendency to move things around multiple times. Look at what is on the table now. I think it is an illness, but I guess it could be worse.

With the crock on the table, the basket needed a new home!

But....to put the basket there....yep I had to move some stuff...perhaps I could market an exercise program doing this... This is what was on the victrola before the basket landed there...


And the lamp ended up here!

Here is one shot of the mantel.  Only a couple small changes were made.


For the posts on the first round of fall decorating see here and here. We skipped Halloween decorating this year. I am sure we will make up for that next year. Last year's Halloween can be seen here and here.
Did you miss the post with my Thanksgiving cards?


Thanks so much for stopping by. Please leave some comment love and stop on over to the places where I am linking today!!

Stuff and Nonsense





6 comments:

  1. I love how you decorate! You do such a wonderful job, so cozy and festive!!! Your turkey in the basket is perfect and your turkey cards are really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall mantle (mantel?)....very warm and welcoming. Once I find places for things that I like, I rarely move them. Over half of my decor items are in boxes until Max and Emme are older and won't try to eat, use as weapons, break, destroy them. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all your Fall decor! My house is definitely lacking in the fall decor department and this post gives me some inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mantle. The leaves and lights really add a wonderful touch to your fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love the new blog layout. Looks great. I love the mantle again and I'm so jealous that I can't get my mantle to photograph like that. Great fall decorating.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...