Saturday, November 26, 2011

Have you repurposed lately?

Awhile back I mentioned we had gotten some freebies! It is time to share one of them. I am still trying to figure out why Christmas decorating leads to other projects like moving almost EVERYTHING, but I am glad it did. Our kitchen has a couple things about it that always annoy me just a little. I am not going to get into those details, but things are looking up with a few changes!!!

Anyway, we had gone to pick up some old wooden doors from a friend's Mom. When we got there, there were a couple pieces of wood with a design on them sitting next to the doors.  She said they just looked like something we would like. ...and like we do!!!!!!

There were two of these.  The other one is brown, not painted. Moving some things around (like a microwave) changed the visual appeal. There I was in the kitchen saying to myself (and Jim if he was within ear shot) "But what on Earth will go on the wall now.....?" and then, the moment we all love, the light bulb came on!!!!! and off to the basement I went. We hung it up (after we moved previously mentioned microwave) and wah lah! Here is what we have!


Jim added two of the knobs off of the kitchen cupboards that were in this house when we bought it.
You can't really see them, but I promise they are there.


Moving the microwave has gained us some counter space.  woo hoo!!!!!! I think it looks nice here too.


Pin It

Freebie style is definitely fun fun fun!!! I hope you will let me know what you think. I am off to pick up the odds and ends of the disaster area Christmas decorating, and clean the house. I am so ready for the clutter to go away. I also have incentive to get it cleaned up today because we have some friends coming over tonight. The boys will be playing cards and watching sports and I am thinking us girls will have some wine and crafts!

Hope to see you again soon!!!! ~Jen (I really need to learn how to make a signature!)
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Sunday's Best Linky Party!


5 comments:

  1. I love how it looks, the design on the door is so pretty. I also like how you hung garland and adding the knobs worked out so well. I LOVE that pig clock, where did you get it, did you make. Ya know you can never have too much counter space, and I like how this nook looks and feels. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best. Love your creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wood door or piece is so so pretty. I would of snagged that up as well! The design reminds me of a snowflake. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate it! I had a great time looking around at your blog and projects! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great repurpose!

    Thank-you so much for joining our Pin'Inspiration party. Would love for you to hop over and grab a button.

    Happy follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I think you need the chicken feeder that we purchased together to go with your display. It will be arriving on Monday to your desk.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...