Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Pine cone Tree

I was going through the pictures on my computers and came across this pine cone tree that I made last year. I am pretty sure that credit for this project goes to none other than Martha! We had a couple bags of pine cones upstairs, as well as a styrofoam cone and of course I own a glue gun (or two).

You will need a styrofoam cone similar to this one. 
 I don't know who made the one I used or what size it was. That was last fall, well before blogging. :)
You will also need a fair amount of pine cones (we had big ones on hand), a glue gun and glue sticks, and if I were to do it over again I would wear gloves to keep your hands from getting all chewed up by the pine cones.
Glue your pine cones on and you end up with something like this

Why are you looking at it funny? Doesn't everyone use wooden salad bowls as props for seasonal decorating?


Add some lights and put it in the fireplace and you have this:


Above it is decorated for fall and Thanksgiving. Below it is decorated for Christmas.


A string of brown lights would have looked better, but we had the green strand here so that is what we used.
I was pretty pleased with the project. I am pretty sure it will return for this Christmas Season.

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments so please leave one.  I am linking up to the following places. Please visit them too! ~ Jen



shabby creek cottage

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! The Christmas one with the 'snow', is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice,creative and looks pretty simple. I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea!! Love it!! I'm a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have the little tree in the fireplace, looks great! I first saw it on pinterest, I'm follower there and now here, come follow me at both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. list of foods to eat for fatty liver disease list of foods to
    eat for fatty liver disease list of foods to eat for fatty liver disease

    My blog post ... how to cure alcoholic fatty liver disease

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...