Monday, October 1, 2012

An argyle Thinking of you card.

Hey Everyone! I hope you are well!! I'm sorry I haven't been around. I guess I need to accept the fact, that blogging just doesn't fit in my schedule some days. Sad, isn't it?

We do have a few more batches of canning to do and then I can share a picture of the canning cellar with you. It sure is pretty! The end of canning means the end of the garden. We do have a few things still growing, but clean up of the rest of the garden needs to take place. The weather forecast looks good for most of the week!

A friend's friend's fur baby passed away recently. My friend asked if I could make her a card to give to her grieving friend. I told her absolutely. I will say it is much more fun to make happy cards, but I thought it was sweet she cares enough about her friend to send a card. (ok, ok, yes I thought it was cool she asked me to make the card! But you really already knew I thought it was cool)

I came home and was looking through some of my cartridges and consulted Google. I wasn't seeing a whole lot on Google that was inspiring. I didn't care for the cards that had dogs off of the Create A Critter cartridge. They seemed a little too cutesy for this situation. Awhile later I pulled out the Wild Card cartridge and was looking through it and found the PERFECT cut!!! The friend that asked me to make the card LOVES argyle!

The argyle card is the 2nd cut on the Wild Card cartridge and is on page 33.


I cut everything at 6 inches.
I used my Gypsy to make the cuts.
I have read that if you aren't using a Gypsy you should always cut the envelope first and then the other cuts.


This is the blackout feature and BOTH icon cuts!


Blackout card and both icon cuts layered together.
You can see I ran my ribbon behind the cuts.


The ribbon tied and sentiment attached.
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up Sincere Salutations

Do you see the frog?? The pointy thing that is holding the card???
I now have two of them. One of my girlfriends went on vacation a month ago.
She was in an antique store in Illinois and saw them and brought them home for me.
The second one is much larger. I will share it soon.


The inside sentiment - I searched Google for quotes about dogs.
I decided on this one. I'm sorry the photo is blurry.
It says
"A good dog never dies. He always stays. He walks beside you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter's drawing near. His head is within our hand in his old way" by Mary Carolyn Davies


I cut the envelope using the blackout feature.
The paper was onesided, which is perfect for an envelope!
The Created for you is a Stampin' Up stamp as well.
You didn't really think I wouldn't put anything on the envelope did you??

I love how the card turned out.
My girlfriend loved the card and commented on the argyle.
Jim thinks I should make Christmas cards using this cut.
SO, perhaps you will see this cut again.


This is part of why I haven't been around.
I'm making these coffins and selling them.
Some people are giving them to their child's teachers and others are giving them to the kids in their family.
I have an assortment of things to put in them. I have things for adults and kids.
Some people are buying them empty to fill with their own stuff and others like the one stop shop idea.
If you missed the post on these coffins, it is here.
I may need to do another post showing all the different ways they have been decorated. What do you think?

What kind of Halloween projects are you working on??

Thanks so much for stopping in.
Hugs! ~ Jen

Linking up here:


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...