Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stampin' Up Love & Sympathy cards

This past Saturday was a GREAT!!!!! day in my world! We went to our local craft supply store and came home with the spool of ribbon and the package of card stock I went for ...and... a bag full of rubber stamps out of the clearance bins. It doesn't end there! Saturday was also the day I received my Stampin' Up order!!! Huge grin!  The Stampin' Up order box rocked! I was the hostess so there was FREE stuff.  Woo hoo!

The bad part of all that, NOT KNOWING WHERE TO START!!!!! So many choices, someone please just pick one for me. ha!!!!

I started with the Stampin' Up Love & Sympathy set.

I made four cards. Any paper used on the card came from the scrap drawer. I seriously need to do more projects out of the 'scrap' drawer!!!!! (shh, there are actually two drawers)



I used the following embossing folder and embossed two of the cards.


This first card I used my VersaMark Pad to stamp the flower image.
The sentiment was stamped with brown StazOn.
The ribbon is from the Stampin' Up Beachfront collection


Same embossing folder. Similar scraps.
Repeated the VersaMark flower image and brown StazOn sentiment.

The inside of these two cards looks like this:

I wasn't sure I liked the embossing so I used a plain card base.
Since the paper was from the scrap drawer I had to use side by side background pieces.
Again stamped using the VersaMark pad with the flower image.
I also used foam dots behind the brown card stock so the card wasn't completely flat.


The fourth card was definitely an example of trial and error.


I stamped the flower multiple times, some of them without re-inking the stamp.
There are foam squares behind the sentiment box. 
For being outside of my comfort zone, I think this card turned out pretty well.
Here's the inside:
same sentiment as the others, just a different look



And all four again!
(with some welcomed afternoon sunshine)


Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you will leave some comment love.
~hugs Jen

I am linking up here:

Pink Hippo Party

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your cards! I can't pick a favorite, you did awesome of all four. Stampin Up stuff is fun, huh? I've been tp several card classes, and I love it. The cards turn out way different that Cricut cards. It's nice to have BOTH options... Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to have you stop by my blog and leave a comment! Thanks! I am following you in return, my fellow Stampin'Up lover!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see that your order arrived, and you've already put it to good use! A beautiful card set! I can't wait to see what else you come up with and what else was in the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty quote that is Jen..It is such fun to get new supplies to create beautiful things with isn't it..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are soo pretty! Love all the sweet quotes and sentiments! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...