Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Cars Birthday Party

We partied on New Year's Day! A birthday party for a very special 2 year old boy! Steph's (yes, the Steph I mention often) little boy turned two. The theme was Disney/Pixar's Cars.  Steph and I (and some help from Jim too) made the invitations.  Steph and I agreed on ideas for the tables and what sorts of decorations she wanted. She did the shopping and I went to work.

Let's take a look!

Here's the invitation:
We stamped the front...


The inside was done using Word... (and the thing this invitation is sitting on...a sneak peek at the Christmas present I want to share with you *smile*)



The birthday banner was cut out using the street sign shapes found on the Disney Pixar Cars Cricut cartridge. (I believe we went with 5.5 inches) The letters were cut out using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.



I cut out various other shapes from the Cars cartridge and put them on skewers. There is floral foam inside the buckets and I stuck the skewers into the foam.




The cuts on this cartridge are very intricate. McQueen was cut at a couple different sizes. I don't know if he is truly a pain in the bottom side or if I was too tired to be working on the project, but he ended up in the trash *gasp*
I do like how the buckets turned out. It was super windy the day of the party so some of the shredded paper covering the floral foam blew away.

The tables were decorated like roads...



Now I can't take credit for the cake, but it wouldn't be a party without a cake right? Here's the cake. It was done by our local bakery. I think they did a fine job!


Happy Birthday Buddy!!! Love and hugs from Uncle Jim and Aunt Jen {heart}
Steph, I hope the craftiness lived up to your expectations! It was fun (and I'm still taking over in October next year...love you too!)

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you will leave a comment. I am linking up at Someday Crafts for Whatever Goes Wednesday and Passionately Artistic

3 comments:

  1. Cool. I love it! Have a few boys in my class who would flip over this :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the cricut for Christmas. Still learning how to use it. Only have the one cartridge so far..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on the b-day decorations! That was alot of work. I'm sure you got alot of compliments on all the things you made to make this day memorable! I like the movie cars too!!!Can't wait to see your gifts. lol Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...