Thursday, June 28, 2012

The best things in life...card

Tomorrow is Friday! Woo hoo! It is going to be a super hot Friday here in Western Pennsylvania too. If you are having a heat wave, I hope you are finding ways to stay cool. If you are affected by the wildfires, my thoughts are with you and yours!

Today I am sharing two cards I made for a friend. She asked if I could make her a couple cards for her 20 something daughters. Cards that would be from her and her husband. Cards that would let them tell their girls they are proud of them and they love them! Just because cards!

I thought about these cards and thought about these cards. I made a couple different cards.  I think I thought TOO had about these cards. I tried too hard. I wanted the cards to be different. The other day I told myself to pick out the paper instead of the stamp or the Cricut cut. WELL! That did the trick! The cards pretty much designed themselves after that, I swear!

When our friend picked up the cards, she said they were PERFECT! There is a lot going on in their world right now and she said these cards just captured it all so well!! If you are reading this, I am so glad you like them!!!! The sentiment just seemed so perfect to me!!

Are you ready to see them? Here they are!


The sentiment is a stamp.
The paper is from a DCWV stack.
The layers on the card are from page 66 of the Storybook handbook.
I did the main cut and the shadow cut.


The insides of the cards are blank so she can write her/their own words to their daughters! How sweet and how very important!!!!

And it is true!! The best things in life aren't things after all!!!!


The best things in life are GRANDPARENTS!!!
I love them all!
The Gentleman on the right is my Grandfather that has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer.
Our days with him are numbered, but photos and memories like this are priceless!

Stay safe and cool.
~Hugs

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Are those cold beers in that photograph? "I could use a cool one, Eddy". VERY HOT here too. But I have ac so I can't complain except I have lots to do outside.
    I love your cards and that saying is SO TRUE! I'm sure they loved them.
    I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Isn't that amazing because from the picture he looks so healthy and vibrant.
    Enjoy your time with your family....looks like you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...