Friday, August 17, 2012

A 13th Birthday Card

Changing things up a little bit. Today I am sharing a card I made. A friend's daughter turned 13. She asked if I could make her a card with zebra stripes and pink. Let's take a look.


My local scrapbook/craft store didn't have any regular zebra stripe paper.
WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???
I wasn't driving the 15 miles to Hobby Lobby. We all know I would have walked out of there
with more than one sheet of zebra stripe paper.
I kept up the search and found this fabric paper sort of stuff. It would get the job done.

The 1 and the 3 are chipboard (from the stash)
I covered them with pink Stickles (glitter glue) I don't remember the exact color and 
the craft space just had some changes done to it so I am not sure where everything is to 
double check for you. So sorry. :(

The crown is a cut off the Create A Critter cartridge. It is the crown generally given to the frog.

The pink glittery ribbon was also in the stash.

 The inside sentiment was computer generated.
The picture turned out a little blurry, but it is the only I have.
I take two and three of everything, but not this one. Hmm...must have been looking forward to getting to work to get the day over so I could get vacation started!!!


If you have been here for my other cards, you know I like to decorate the envelope in some way.
I used my favorite little Monkey, Changito!

I've been told Haley loved her card.
I hope it is true. I had fun making it.
Happy Belated 13th Birthday Haley!!!

Do you have lots of stuff in your "stash?"

Partying here:


The Taylor House


5 comments:

  1. This card is cute!! I'm sure she loved it, and I'm glad to see you found time from all your gardening to create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It was fun to create! Creating with paper time should be on the rise as summer winds down. Less to can and fewer hours of daylight...

      Delete
  2. Super cute card! I am sure she loved getting such a thoughtfully made card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I'm loving seeing what you've done with your cricut! Thanks for following scrapproject365.blogspot - gladly following you back!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...